Friday, March 7, 2014

"7 Secrets of Shiva" by Devdutt Pattnayak -A Short Review

Hi dear,
When I read the title of the book I thought there is going to be some real secret in this book, such as some yoga secret or a kind of meditation secret which is still a secret to the world.
When I read the book I found it to be a story book which tells the mythical stories about Shiva and then takes out a conclusion out of them.



Buy the english version from Amazon


 He has divided the book into seven chapters titled as below

  1. Lingeshwara's secret
  2. Bhairava's secret
  3. Shankara's secret
  4. Bholenath's secret
  5. Ganesha's secret
  6. Murugan's secret
  7. Nataraja's secret
In every chapter you will find the stories and personal explanation by the Devdutta Pattnayak(Author) that why he(Shiva) is known as Lingeshwara or Bhairava or Shankara.


Buy the Hindi version from Amazon.


 Book is interesting if you love to read stories in a short cut manner. I think this book will be entertaining for children in specific and also for people who are able to retain their childish curiosity such as me.

This book is a good introduction of Shiva for a person like me who has not read any Puranas or old scriptures and neither has patience to read them. I was able to understand Shiva up to certain level with this book and definitely it added to my spiritual wealth. 

Thanks for your kind visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment